Our sun, like many stars, is in part comprised of a convective layer that transports heat from its core to its surface. This transportation, in turn, creates pockets of solar currents that are constantly evolving (much like currents in the Earth’s atmosphere).
We Humans still have so much to learn about our own Sun. I wonder if we as species will ever solve all the riddles that are out there in the cosmos before we go extinct.
The world has lost a great soul today. R.I.P. Mr. Mandela.
- President Obama pays tribute to the great man (NY Times Video)
- The wisdom of Nelson Mandela: quotes from the most inspiring leader of the 20th century (QUARTZ)
- Nelson Mandela’s impact on sports (NBC)
- Sportsmen pay tribute to Nelson Mandela (The Guardian)
- Mandela’s unsung legacy of science in Africa (New Scientist)
- Nelson Mandela: His Life and Legacy (YouTube)
- The Life of Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013 (Vimeo)
Prelude will weigh more than 600,000 tonnes (661,400 tons) fully loaded and is expected to produce around 3.6 million tonnes (3.9 million tons) of LNG per year.
WOW! Click on article to and discover other astounding facts .
Random Fact of the Day: Ex-Sheffield United striker Brian Deane was the first player to score a goal in the Barclays Premier League. On Saturday 15 August, 1992, at about 3.05pm, the striker headed his side to a 1-0 lead against Manchester United at Bramall Lane.
You can browse through more such random facts in the archive.
Gary Anderson has done a great job summarising all the new regulations and the rules.